Simple, surprising ways to get rid of wrinkles and static cling. Plus: how to fluff up your blankets and towels!
Did you know that with the help of a few household items, your dryer could de-wrinkle your clothes, make blankets fluffier and eliminate static cling?
WHAT YOU NEED: ICE
WHAT IT DOES: REMOVES WRINKLES
- Turn your dryer to the highest heat setting.
- Toss in a light load.
- Add a few ice cubes.
- Dry for at least 10 minutes.
WHY IT WORKS: As the ice melts, it produces steam that reduces wrinkles.
WHAT YOU NEED: TENNIS BALLS
WHAT IT DOES: ADDS FLUFFINESS
- Toss a few new tennis balls in with towels, blankets, pillows, or fluffy coats.
- Run the load as usual.
WHY IT WORKS: The movement of the balls add extra volume to your softest items.
WHAT YOU NEED: ALUMINIUM FOIL
WHAT IT DOES: REDUCES STATIC CLING
- Tightly roll up aluminium foil into a few balls that measure 2-3 inches in diameter.
- Toss in with clean, wet clothes to reduce static cling.
WHY IT WORKS: Aluminium foil helps absorb the electrical charges.
For help with laundry, come use Instashirts dry-cleaning service here http://bit.ly/2U9Vf7V